Liverpool have not been able to defeat Manchester City at home in the Premier League since 2015.
Man City vs Liverpool Live: Premier League LIVE – MCI vs LIV LIVE – Premier League table-toppers will lock horns in the very first league fixture after returning from the international break. Manchester City are at the top of the table, only 1 point ahead of Liverpool in the 2nd-place. Additionally, the Reds are on the same points as 3rd-placed Arsenal. However, they have the advantage of having scored just a single extra goal than the Gunners. Hence, both Premier League giants will target the No. 1 spot on the League table.
Manchester City have lost 2 and drawn a single of the 12 matches they’ve played so far. They lost against Arsenal back in early October and against Wolves in late September. After their defeat against the Gunners, Man City recovered well and went on a 5-match winning streak.
That ended with a 4-4 draw in their last match before the international break against Chelsea. Going into this match, Cityzens have the odds in their favour where they could equal Sunderland’s record 24 home game-winning run with just another win against Liverpool.
Liverpool went into the international break with a 3-0 win against Brentford. Before that win, the Reds drew a Premier League clash against Luton Town and lost a Europa League clash against Toulouse.
They are giving Man City a run for the 1st position in the league table. However, so is every other team in the top 5 spots. Only 3 points separate Man City at the top of the table and Aston Villa in 5th place. Hence, Liverpool can’t slip up at this point.
Manchester City Premier League Form
L L W W W D
Manchester City Form in All Competitions
W W W W W D
Liverpool Premier League Form
L D W W D W
Liverpool Form in All Competitions
W W W D L W
Manchester City Team News
- Man City have a number of injury concerns. Kevin De Bruyne is yet to recover from a hamstring problem, Ederson is nursing a foot injury, while John Stones and Mateo Kovacic are suffering from a thigh issue. Matheus Nunes was declared unfit clinically for Portugal during the international break.
- Sergio Gomez is nursing an ankle problem and Nathan Ake suffered from a knock. The availability of both of these players will depend on a late evaluation of their injuries. On the other hand, Erling Haaland missed Norway’s last Euro qualifiers match with an ankle issue. He could miss the clashes of the giants this weekend.
- Coach Guardiola has Julian Alvarez at his disposal who is more than capable of acting as the replacement if Haaland is unable to play. However, whether the Argentine forward will be able to start or not depends on a late decision as well with Haaland providing confidence that he will be fit to take charge in the final third.
Liverpool Team News
- Coach Klopp will have to make a few late decisions for some of his players who could return to the field for this all-important match. Ibrahim Konate and Curtis Jones have been suffering from hamstring problems, Joe Gomez has been out due to a knock, and Ryan Gravenberch has been nursing a knee issue.
- The coach previously said that Gravenberch would be able to play once the international break ended. However, the same cannot be said for some players who are sure to miss the match. Andrew Robertson will be out with a shoulder issue, Stefan Bajcetic will miss out due to a calf problem, and Thiago Alcantara will be sidelined with a hip injury.
- The coach will also do a quick evaluation on Darwin Nunez, Luis Diaz, Alexis Mac Allister, and Alisson’s situations. Nothing suggests at this moment that the quartet will not play this match. However, Klopp still might bench Diaz and Nunez to line up Cody Gakpo and Diogo Jota alongside Mohamed Salah. Salah is in contention to hit his 150th Premier League goal in this match.
Match – Man City vs Liverpool
Date – 25th November 2023
Time – 6:00 PM IST
Live Telecast – Premier League’s rights are owned by the Star Sports Network. Hence the matches will be broadcast on various Star Sports channels. The fans will get to watch English commentary on Star Sports Select and apart from that regional fans will also get the opportunity to watch the match in their favorite language. Regional commentary in Bangla and Malayalam will be made available for key weekend matches on Star Sports 3 and Star Sports 1 Bangla.
Live Streaming – The match will be live-streamed on Disney+ Hotstar VIP. The fans will have to subscribe to Hotstar’s VIP plan to stream the Premier League matches live. Indian Premier League fans can also stream the match live on Jio TV.
Manchester City Predicted XI: Ederson; Walker, Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol; Silva, Rodri, Foden; Doku, Haaland, Grealish
Liverpool Predicted XI: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Gravenberch; Salah, Jota, Gakpo